CCS is unique as we are a firm that focuses solely on the nonprofit sector and has over 45 years combined experience in the areas of executive searches for positions of Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Development Director, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting and Administrative We truly believe that the search process for a nonprofit is very different from a search for a for-profit organization as our firm has a greater sensitivity to budget, process, and expertise versus the larger staffing firms. Our process is tailored for each organization and includes:
- Initial Assessment: CCS begins each engagement by taking the time necessary to understand your organization, mission and unique culture as well as the position requirements.
- Sourcing: Using information gathered during the initial assessment, CCS builds a pool of qualified and best-fit candidates.
- Initial Interview Screening: CCS screens all resumes received against criteria established in the initial assessment.
- Behavioral Interview Screening: CCS conducts behavioral, in-depth interviews with best-fit candidates.
- Final Interview: CCS facilitates the final interview with the candidate and the leadership of the organization.
- Reference Check: CCS conducts, in-depth reference interviews with past employees to verify employment.
- Background Screening: CCS can assist with background checks or drug screening as needed in collaboration with partner MBI Worldwide
- Candidate Testing: CCS provides the following pre-employment testing:
- Criteria Cognitive Aptitude Test (CCAT) assess capabilities such as problem-solving, critical thinking, the ability to process and apply new information, and verbal skills.
- Employee Personality Profile (EPP) reveals valuable information about a candidate’s likely work style and suitability for a managerial role from a behavioral perspective.
CCS can provide interim services to fill the gap when you have an unexpected opening or when your workload increases in the following areas:
- Interim Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Development Services
CCS observes all employment related laws in force in each of the jurisdictions in which we work. We refer quality candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
Here is what our clients are saying about our impact on their organization through our executive search:
““Michelle Turman and the team from Catalyst Consulting Services worked with members of the board of Neighborly Care Network as we searched for a new Executive Director for the organization and implemented a significant board restructure. It was pretty overwhelming for a small board, but Michelle and her team were there alongside us the whole way – helping us navigate the process and make the best decisions for the organization’s future. She kept us working proactively, encouraged us to think strategically, and inspired us to push ourselves. She has a unique way of shedding light on both opportunities and challenges in a changing nonprofit landscape. We were blessed to have her on our side during such a huge transition, and we could not have done it without her!”
– Karen Griffin, Board Member
Neighborly Care Network
From the moment we engaged Michelle Turman, we experienced a full-level of service and commitment to our Executive Director search. Catalyst Consulting Services is a firm that is exceptionally knowledgeable about non-profit executive search processes, potential candidates, candidate screening, and organizational assessment and documentation. Michelle took the time to connect with everyone in our organization, from the staff to the Board, to gain a complete understanding of where we are, the steps we need to take to grow to the next level, and the type of leader that was needed to make these changes happen. Her extensive and varied experience in the non-profit world is unparallel, and her commitment to excellence and passion is palpable. She performed an operational assessment, wrote an employee policy handbook, made recommendations to improve our board governance, recommended strategies for new board member recruitment, and conducted a successful executive director search.
Michelle’s facilitation skills, communication, and non-profit knowledge provided a smooth and effective process that resulted in a very high caliber candidate. It is a daunting task to find a successor to a founder, and yet Michelle approached it with confidence and professionalism. We’re grateful for Michelle’s assistance in recruiting a strong candidate to lead The Heart Gallery of Tampa to the next level.
– Nicole Deloach Hubbard, Board Member
Heart Gallery of Tampa Bay
“I initially called upon Michelle Turman for assistance with a Director of Development search. However, after talking through our organization’s needs and our previous fundraising initiatives, Michelle suggested that an assessment of our development efforts might be the better place to start. Michelle culled through a myriad financial reports and data and had discussions with staff and board members in order to develop her recommendations and help us with an enhanced strategy moving forward. Our board was very impressed with Michelle’s presentation and recommendations. I’m grateful to Michelle for the time she put into the assessment and her recommendations were right on target. Michelle also conducted a search for us for a Director of Advancement and I’m very happy with the outcome of that as well!”
– Patricia J. Langford, Executive Director
Alpha House of Tampa Bay